Izbrani forum: Glavni forum

Izbrana tema: članek Guardianova klimatska urgenca: sadite drevesa

Prikaz samo enega sporočila - znotraj teme...

anon-178149 sporočil: 4.311
[Glavni forum] Tema: Guardianova klimatska urgenca: sadite drevesa
[#2782996] 08.07.19 19:48 · odgovor na: (#2782986)
Odgovori   +    0
[abohte]
> [MarijanMacek]
Za širše vedenje:

A billion is a number with two distinct definitions:
1,000,000,000, i.e. one thousand million, or 109 (ten to the ninth power), as defined on the short scale. This is now the meaning in both British and American English.
1,000,000,000,000, i.e. one million million, or 1012 (ten to the twelfth power), as defined on the long scale. This is one thousand times larger than the short scale billion, and equivalent to the short scale trillion. This is the historic definition of a billion in British English.
American English adopted the short scale definition from the French. The United Kingdom used the long scale billion until 1974, when the government officially switched to the short scale, but since the 1950s the short scale had already been increasingly used in technical writing and journalism; the long scale definition still enjoys some limited usage in the UK.
Hvala lepa, da si me podučil, kar sem sam že napisal. Ti pač bereš Wikipedijo, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billion jaz pa raje pogledam angleški on line slovar, dictionary.cambridge...sh/billion Rezultata sta pa povsem enaka, kar pa še ne razložui, kako se v nekaj mesecih številke spreminjajo iz recimo 6/2/2019 1,2 biljarde (1,2 trillions) v Independetu, www.independent.co.u...82071.html do miljard (včeraj na MMC) in ponovno na biljarde in celo do miljarde biljard pred 3 dnevi v Guardianu, www.theguardian.com/...s-solution Skratka eno samo prepisovanje brez razumevanja bistva....