Prikaz samo enega sporočila - znotraj teme...

anon-317028 sporočil: 30.415
Zanimivo je kako so sta se glavna pobudnika referenduma umaknila v ozadje. Camerona nikjer ni, Farage je tiho in v Evropskem parlamentu čaka konec mandata.

Neposredni odgovori na sporočilo št. 2753196

Strani: 1

bc123a sporočil: 48.253
[FIN-311684]
Zanimivo je kako so sta se glavna pobudnika referenduma umaknila v ozadje. Camerona nikjer ni, Farage je tiho in v Evropskem parlamentu čaka konec mandata.
To, paradoksalno sploh niso bili taglavni brexiterji. Tisti so Gove, Fox, Reese-Moggs, in seveda Boris Johnson.
shevchenko sporočil: 21.898
David Cameron, the former Conservative prime minister, has told the BBC he does not regret calling the EU referendum. He said:

I do not regret calling the referendum.

It was a promise I made two years before the 2015 general election, it was included in a manifesto, it was legislated for in Parliament.

Obviously I regret that we lost that referendum. I deeply regret that.

I was leading the campaign to stay in the European Union and obviously I regret the difficulties and problems we have been having in trying to implement the result of that referendum.

Cameron also said that he backed Theresa May and he supporter “her aim to have a partnership deal with Europe”. He went on: “That what needs to be put in place. That is what Parliament needs to try to deliver now.”
shevchenko sporočil: 21.898
Farage: Second Brexit Referendum Would Show Even Bigger 'Leave' Majority
By Reuters
Jan. 16, 2019

BRUSSELS — Britain would again decide to leave the European Union if a second referendum were to be held on membership of the bloc, former United Kingdom Independence Party leader Nigel Farage said on Wednesday, adding the "leave" vote would be even bigger.

In 2016, Britain voted in a referendum to leave the 28-nation EU, but the British parliament on Tuesday decisively rejected a withdrawal treaty negotiated with Brussels over two years. Some British parliamentarians want a second referendum, believing it would show Britons now wanted to stay.

"The British may be a very placid people, very laid back but I promise you: if they get pushed too far it's a lion that will roar. We will be even more defiant if we have to fight a second referendum and we will win it by a bigger majority," Farage said.

Strani: 1